March 19, 2020

“What licence do you need to deliver alcohol?” is a question that may be of sudden urgent interest to many operators.

The answer is of course a Licensing Act 2003 premises licence, which authorises premises to be used for the licensable activity of the sale of alcohol by retail, and which doesn’t contain any relevant restrictive conditions.

The premises licence will relate to a particular place: probably a convenience store, an off-licence or a pub or restaurant.

The premises licence must authorise the supply of alcohol for consumption off (or on and off) the premises. You can check this in a box on the second page of the licence.

Finally, there shouldn’t be any conditions that impose restrictions on deliveries. It is unusual for this to be the case.

To stay keep within the law, the alcohol sold has to...

Please reload

Charles Holland - 

Licensing, chancery/commercial and property barrister.

Search By Tags
Please reload

© 2016-2019 Charles Holland

  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Twitter Black Round